Monday, March 18, 2013

Post-op Scar Six-Months Later

It has been six months since I have been officially inducted into the bariatric cult. If you are pre-op and concerned or curious about the scarring after surgery then read on. Please remember, we all heal differently based on individuals and their surgeons.

This is the view if you were looking directly at me. The larger incision seems to be doing it's own thing. Half of it is smooth and does not bother me, the redder half is raised and itchy from time to time. The little incision to the right is also slightly raised and gets itchy from time to time. The one on top is the most irrittating bitch of an incision I have. It's raised, it hurts, it itches and it hates bras! Sometimes I sit here and curse at it.

 *PICTURE REMOVED*

Here is a closer look at the largest incision:

*PICTURE REMOVED*


I was not able to take a picture of the other two smaller incisions. They are both very light and in smooth. I couldn't get a picture where you could actually see them. One of them is almost virtually invisible, it kind of blends in with the stretch marks.

I'm hoping in six more months the top one will smooth out and stop being irritated by everything. I will update the scar progress when I hit the year anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment